Wednesday, 20 July 2011

Conceit is God’s gift to little men


Today I attempted to deliver a letter to Rupert Murdoch. Enclosed in a Smythson envelope, this was simply a letter that asked Mr Murdoch a series of questions and argued that he and his company are not alone in being to blame for the phone hacking scandal.

Rupert Murdoch and Rebekah Brooks outside his London residence. A surly little man stands in the background right outside his door.

On arrival at Mr Murdoch’s home in St James’s Place, I was met by a particularly inefficacious door man who refused to take my letter and refused to allow me to put it through the letter box which was centimetres from where I was standing.

Whilst Murdoch may well have been attacked in parliament yesterday, all I wanted to achieve was to deliver a broadly supportive letter. The surly little man controlling the door, however, was having none of it. If only the residence, like Downing Street, had had a back door as like Murdoch himself I could have gone there and avoided the cameras.

Mr Murdoch: My letter is in the post. I jolly well hope that stupid little fool doesn’t hack it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually...

You can't hand deliver a letter to ten downing street...

They tell you to go to the PO near Horseguards parade.
Therefore all the pics staged int he papers local or otherwise you see are staged.

Just sayin'

Anonymous said...

Was he called Sir Christopher Meyer? A job as a doorman would be ideal for that toothless poodle.