Friday, 3 February 2012

JING’s liquid wisdom


A review of JING’s whole peppermint leaf tea

Mint Tea was a short film that was made by Pierre Kafian in 1961. It observed the interactions among customers at a typical French café in the midst of the Cold War.

JING’s whole peppermint leaf tea

A film of the same genre that I also very much enjoyed was Jim Jarmusch’s Coffee and Cigarettes. Made in 2003, this film featured short vignettes that include Iggy Pop, Cate Blanchett, Steve Coogan and Bill Murray sat around drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes. I was lucky enough to attend a screening for it at the San Francisco International Film Festival and at the after-party it was a privilege to be introduced to hip-hop artist the RZA of the Wu-Tang Clan, who was another of the stars. As a result, I gained a most fascinating insight into the world of rap.

The RZA, the GZA and Bill Murray in Jim Jarmusch’s Coffee & Cigarettes

This afternoon, I felt the need to partake in a pot of what one commentator has called “liquid wisdom” and sampled yet another tea from one of my favourite suppliers, JING.

The first sip of JING’s whole peppermint tea was fresh and the cleansing effect was just excellent for the palate. This herbal infusion, which originates from Germany, is also said to aid digestion and is, according to JING’s website, perfect for those, like me, who “can’t take caffeine.” I wholeheartedly recommend it.

From now on, I’ll most definitely pass on the coffee and cigarettes and make a beeline straight for JING's whole peppermint leaf tea.

JING’s whole peppermint tea is priced at £1.95 for a 25g bag (25 cups) and £10 for a 200g bag (200 cups). To order go to: http://www.jingtea.com/tea/type/herbal/peppermint-leaf

Follow JING on Twitter at: http://www.twitter.com/JINGTea

Watch a trailer for Coffee & Cigarettes at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxYRsqkRS_k

5 comments:

Dark Avenger said...

Mint tea is wonderful. Interestingly,  I prefer it  not just fresh mint and water, but also combined with a very lightly infused English breakfast tea. If I am feeling particularly carefree, I shall allow myself a sugar stick.

Rachel Waterson said...

What do you make of Twinings mint tea? I find it a little harsh myself.

Matthew Steeples said...

I suspected you'd like this post Dark Avenger.

Matthew Steeples said...

It's drinkable but I prefer the JING.

Zoe said...

Are you being serious?